7:00 – 6:00 ASRC GOES
Check Copenhagen Wheel serial number for this recall
- Get comments back to Antonio tonight! – done
- Writing chapter summaries
- Research design – done
- Simulation – done
- Adversarial herding – done
- Belief space cartography – done
- Human study – done
- Discussion – done
- Conclusions – done!
- Sent pdfs to common vision. Need to set the pdfs out with a note tomorrow morning
- Caught up with Wayne a bit and commented out the “Why this is HCC section” Keep it for a backup slide though
- Very interesting Invisibilia on AI
- GSAW prep
- Told Aaron about OpML 20. It’s only two pages and due on Feb 25. Maybe a quick writeup of Optevolver?
Transformers from Scratch
- Transformers are a very exciting family of machine learning architectures. Many good tutorials exist, but in the last few years transformers have mostly become simpler, so that it is now much more straightforward to explain how modern architectures work. This post is an attempt to explain directly how modern transformers work, and why, without some of the historical baggage.
I got invited to the TF Dev conference!
The HKS Misinformation Review is a new format of peer-reviewed, scholarly publication. Content is produced and “fast-reviewed” by misinformation scientists and scholars, released under open access, and geared towards emphasizing real-world implications. All content is targeted towards a specialized audience of researchers, journalists, fact-checkers, educators, policy makers, and other practitioners working in the information, media, and platform landscape.
- For the essays, a length of 1,500 to 3,000 words (excluding footnotes and methodology appendix) is appropriate, but the HKS Misinformation Review will consider and publish longer articles. Authors of articles with more than 3,000 words should consult the journal’s editors before submission.
7:00 – ASRC GOES
- It looks like I fixed my LaTeX problems. I went to C:\Users\phil\AppData\Roaming\MiKTeX\2.9\tex\latex, and deleted the ifvtex folder. Re-ran, things installed, and all is better now
- Pinged Isaac about the idea of creating scenarios that incorporate the NASA simulators
- Speakers presenting in a plenary session are scheduled to speak for 15 minutes, with five additional minutes allowed for questions and answers from the audience
- Our microphones work best when the antenna unit is clipped to a belt and the microphone is attached near the center of your chest.
- We are NOT providing network capabilities such as WiFi. If you require WiFi, you are responsible for purchasing it from the hotel and ensuring that it works for the presentation.
- Charts produced by the PC version of Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, 2016 or 365 are preferred
- . In creating your slides, note that the presentation room is large and you should consider this in your selection of larger fonts, diagram size, etc. At a minimum, a 20-point font is recommended
- GPT-2 – Maybe do something with Aaron today?
7:00 – 4:30 ASRC PhD, BD, GOES
- Stampedes are a form of runaway attention, and precision/recall aid that process
- Starting on forward. Using the Arab Spring and GamerGate as the framing
- 11:00 VOLPE Meeting
- Pursuing the resilience proposal was well received. Next, go up and meet with the folks?
- Install card – done! Passed the smoke test