Finished the DTW run and uploaded.
Good video on population-based search: ICML 2019 Tutorial: Recent Advances in Population-Based Search for Deep Neural Networks
7:00 – 4:00 ASRC NASA GEOS
- Continuing to read Colin Martindale’s Cognitive Psychology, a Neural Network Approach, which is absolutely bonkers for something written decades ago. Ordered two more copies.
- JASSS Paper. Adding footnotes to figures, which is tricky.
- Took the chapter numbers out of the file names, since these things seem to be sliding around quite a bit
- Registered for Politics and Computational Social Science (PACSS) Conference
- GROUP paper?
- Waveform clustering
- Adding noise to the float_functions class. Here’s the waveform without and with some (0.1) noise:
- Installed fastdtw for python
- DTW is working on the lines in the csv. Identical lines have zero distance, noise has some. Need to think about some kind of normalizing measure. Maybe divide by the number of points?
- Need to iterate as nested loops over all the rows. Skip when i == j – done
- Need to build a Dataframe of distances from one row to the next – done
- Here are the two curves to compare:
- And here’s the DTW result:
- Good Waikato meeting. We’ll try to run a jury next week. Also, meetings have been moved to 6:30 EST