Monthly Archives: June 2013

Phil 6.28.13

Dentist this morning. I appear to still have all my teeth.

Much running around to pick up the car.

FP 10:00 – 2:00

  • Continuing with saving test data. Classes are up and printing correct text to the console. The last step is to add file write and navigation for saving output. Each test should probably write out an XML and CSV file with the same name. A default name could be calculated from teh researcher, subject, sound and timestamp.

Dong Shin 06.27.2013

  • VizTool meeting
  • deployed new FA, XML config for Query Builder not loading. adding more debugging info
  • continue working on FA
    • moved queryBuilderXML to a separate file
    • fixed sorting problem on Currency(Number) fields in Funding Status
  • ITAR training/review (InfoTek) @ 4

Phil 6.27.13

7:30 – 11:30, 4:00 – 5:00SR

  • The table information is not showing up in the new query screen
  • PIT crew meeting
    • Be able to load documents and associate with a req. and scan for meta info
    • There are Total Allocated problems if there are no req’s
    • Project refresh needs to happen as req’s are added in Total Project Budget
    • Upload data button needs to turn green (or blue) after the upload
    • MA – Mission Assistant
    • Query export to excel
  • Generated a full output of all projects using the scripting system and attempted to export directly to visibility_dev2, which failed (need to add error messages!). After eliminating redundant column names, we were able to publish XML that was then ingested. We then used that to export the XML.
  • A user is having PKI problems. Need to find the test servlet.
  • Export Meeing with Brad

11:30 – 3:00FP

  • Creating a TestResult class with the following information
    • session number
    • test number
    • test type (speed or accuracy)
    • time to lift
    • source position
    • cursor position
    • angle difference
    • speaker volume matrix
    • Also, there will be a toString() and toXmlString() method for output;
  • The TestManager will instance and store TestResults in a container (vector?), which will have the additional fields
    • Researcher name
    • Subject name
    • Sound file
    • Total sessions
    • Speed tests per session
    • Accuracy tests per session

Phil 6.26.13

Remember to leave at 3:00 today!

8:00 – 11:30 SR

  • Backups
  • More training.
  • No response from the patch folks. Still waiting.
  • Walked through the mapping behavior of column names in Query Builder with Dong.

11:30 – 3:00 FP

  • Adding state transitions to app
  • Got the entire test suite running.
  • Added alerts so that the transition between the speed and accuracy tests is more apparant
  • Need to add Exit under the file menu.
  • Subversioned everything!
  • Tomorrow I need to be able to write out the results.

Phil 6.25.13

8:00 – 11:30 SR

  • Backups,
  • Deployed Dong’s latest FA. The ingest works. Yay!
  • More soul sucking training
  • There are some SA issues that are coming up that I’m getting concerned about. I wonder if it’s possible to get a real SA (part time?) to take up some of the load and to do the tasks I’m pretty much guessing at.
  • Got on the wait list for two computer security seminars that might help with the above.

11:30 – 5:00 FP

  • Continuing with the test exec. I’m also going to need a class that records the data associated with each test segment.
  • Ran into a… Well, I don’t want to call it a bug. Let’s say that C++ is showing its age. FLTK uses char*. Most of Windows uses wchar_t. They don’t play well together, so I spent about half of my time working out the best way to convert between them. It’s this:
  • void setSoundFileString(LPCWSTR wps){
    	soundFileString = new wstring(wps);
    	string str(soundFileString->begin(), soundFileString->end());
    	sprintf_s(soundFile, "%s", str.c_str());
  • I mean really!? Good grief.
  • Got a lot of the exec built and running. Clicking on the center button fires the sound, and you can drag to where you think the sound is. I am not all that accurate. It could be a frequency thing though. I’m running a low 10-20 HZ signal. The test should definitely try different frequencies.

Phil 6.24.13

8:30 – 12:30 SR

  • Backups
  • Training
  • Other houskeeping
  • Lenny’s having a problem where some subtraction is not accurate to the penny. Rounding error?

12:30 – 4:30

  • Starting to put together the actual test framework. Found a good open source synthesizer (ZynAddSubFX) that I used to create a pure tone that I then cut down to one second with Audacity. It’s important to note that this app only works with MONO sounds.
  • Building up the class that will handle running multiple sessions.
  • Just a quick shout out to FLTK. I have been adding and adjusting the GUI all day long as I figure out how to run the tests. To add fields, adjust positions and just generally futz around, all I have to do is use the FLUID gui IDE, export the layout as C++ code, add in stdafx.h and compile. It all just works. A great piece of code. FLTK_rocks

Phil 6.21.13

8:00 – 1030 SR

  • First day of summer, and it. Is. Gorgeous.
  • Backups
  • Deployed Dong’s Prime/Cofund fix. He’s still working on the ingest bug.
  • Talked to Chris a bit about the kind of demo we want to give to Scott. We are very much on the same sheet.

10:30 – 5:00 FP

  • Put all the projects into SVN, checked them out and did a clean build. Everything still works.
  • Starting on capturing mouse events. Done. Capturing Left, Middle, Right, Wheel and Drag. I think I want to have it so that the user presses (holds down?) a “button” in the middle of the GL window, signifying that he’s ready for the next sound queue. Once the sound plays, he drags toward the source. This is indicated by a line indicating the vector (and a cursor?). Releasing the mouse is the event that marks and records the choice, vector, elapsed time and position (vector?) of the emitter.
  • Making a button class for OGL. Done
  • Making a line segment class so we can point to where the sound is. Done
  • Progress for today:
  • vth

Phil 6.20.13

8:00 – 11:00 SR

  • Backups,
  • Meeting with PIT crew
    • Need to move Prime/Cofund designation to Req’s
    • Loading a new Cognos pull is deleting FA (and other?) relationships
  • Deployed the new VSS. This included:
    • Stopping the server.
    • Deleting the current VSS webapp folder
    • Creating a new war file with the updates
    • Starting the server
  • And that seems to have done the trick. I’ve looked online for a possible reason that an old jar may be maintained between sessions and couldn’t find anything. I did find a useful discussion on how Tomcat handles Jars and classpaths though:

11:00 – 4:30 FP

  • Spent a good deal of time trying to figure out the best way for the GUI and the Exec to communicate. Originally, I wanted to be able to pass a pointer to the GUI from teh exec so that user actions in the GUI could be executed in a more reasonable place. Due to header conflicts, I couldn’t manage to get that to work, so I put together a UI_cmd class that is set in the UI and read in the Exec. That seems to be working pretty well, though I may want to put a queue in there and turn it more into a message bus/event pump. That level of sophistication isn’t needed yet though.
  • I integrated the sound library that I wrote. I still have to reference the D3D audio library in the main application which I think is a bit odd, but I think it may be because I’m incorrectly exporting the symbol table from the static library. Again, that’s a refinement for later.
  • At this point, the 3D position of my OGL shape and the 3D postion of my continuous sound (2D actually, Y = 0) are running in an infinite circle. It’s pretty cool to hear the audio track to the image. I’m uploading a video of the running system, and although it won’t be in surround, you can hear the flanging effects from the sound moving around the helmet.

Dong Shin 06.20.2013

  • VizTool meeting – in Requirement’s Bugs, Stuffs page
    • incorrect Total in Project Mgmt panel
    • EA mappings to contracts disappearing on Data Upload
    • move Type field from Project Info to Req in Project Editor
    • rework Add New ComboBox
      • set it to blank on new
    • update Sub Budget Center Names in the database
    • auto-fill from COGNOS data upload
      • Reported FACTS Obligated
      • Outlay $ (Reported in FACTS)
  • continue working on FA
    • working down the list from today’s meeting
    • working on fixing EA mapping to contracts
    • moved Type field to Req
      • query to update budget_center tables from projects table
      • UPDATE budget_centers c1 INNER JOIN ( SELECT p.type as p_type, c.uid as budget_center_id FROM projects p, budget_centers c WHERE p.uid = c.project_id) T ON c1.uid = t.budget_center_id SET type = T.p_type

Phil 6.19.13

8:00 – 4:00 SR

  • Backups
  • All Hands SR meeting. Monthly status reports are now supposed to be “high level”. Not exactly sure what that means…
  • Need to add version info to ScriptEngine, VSS and ScriptObject. For some reason, the new jar files are not getting accessed. Should be able to roll this out tomorrow.
  • Done. Added the static version call to the Publisher and Script runner servlets. And fixed up the publisher servlet so that the list of REST interfaces is now html.
  • Burned a new disk.