Monthly Archives: October 2014

Dong Shin 10.30.2014

  • fixed PM Actuals not sorting properly in Query Builder
  • got SQLController/Service working
    • send up
      • {
        “sqlStr”:”select begin_year, end_year from projects limit 1″,
        “user”:{
        “login”: “projportfolio”,
        “password”: “projportfolio”
        }
        }
    • received
      • {
        “status”: true,
        “statusString”: “”,
        “errorString”: “”,
        “data”: [
        {
        “end_year”: 2017,
        “begin_year”: 2014
        }
        ],
        “exception”: “”,
        “sqlStr”: “select begin_year, end_year from projects limit 1”
        }

Phil 10.30.14

7:30 – 12:00, 2:30 – 5:30  SR

  • Looks like Angular is going to change substantially: http://jaxenter.com/angular-2-0-112094.html#comment-1658778664
  • Some more Angular 2.0 stuff: http://sdtimes.com/atscript-googles-new-superset-javascript-runtime/
  • DB Backups
  • Security plan with Lenny? Good progress.
  • More documentation. Start Visibility3 today
    • Finished the Java section, working on de-mavening and getting all the old Flex to compile.

Phil 10.29.14

8:00 – 5:00 SR

  • DB backups
  • Deployed new FA plus scriptEngine.jar and javaUtils.jar. Ronda will bounce the server at 4:00.
  • So server paperwork today – postponed till tomorrow
  • Documented visibility scripting. It turned out to be MUCH BIGGER than the Funding Request assistant. So instead of drawing the relationships by hand I took the package views from Eclipse and Flashbuilder, edited them in Photoshop, and assembled the results in Illustrator. For the database, I used SchemaSpy, which is both clunky and cool. And here are the results. From the time it took for these, I’d say Visibility and FA/RA/RQ should be done in less than a week.

 

ScriptingFullStack

  • R ecovering a bit by looking at directives
  • Getting new Webstorm (9.0.1)

Phil 10.28.14

8:00-5:00 SR

  • DB backups
  • deploy
    • fix text that has special characters (i.e. ‘)
    • Add validator that requires a choice on the role. Or default to Manager.
  • Meeting with Lenny, Larry, Ronda, Chris and? On getting our server paperwork approved
  • Documentation
    • Funding Request Assistant Funding Request Assistant
    • Scripting Server – started, but had to de-mavenize before proceeding. Much more complicated than FRA, above.
    • Visibility
      • Data Visualizer
      • Admin
    • Reqonciler
    • Requisition Assistant
    • Financial Assistant

Phil 10.27.14

8:00 – 3:00 SR

  • DB Backups
  • Documentation
    • Exporting all the diagrams  – done
  • Checked in JavaUtils after some weirdness. Dong is using it with no problems.
  • Worked on some simple Angular directives over the weekend
  • Started overall system diagrams. First had to download Illustrator. That took an *hour*.

Dong Shin 10.24.2014

  • deployed new FA/RA – fixed Sep not showing
  • configurable access to FA –
    • added allowedUserTyps to setUpModel.xml
  • trouble shooting Export to Viz
    • looks like the row size is too big
    • com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

Phil 10.23.14

8:00 – 5:30 SR

  • DB backups
  • Documentation
    • com.edgeti.VisibilityServer.Excel
      • ExcelIngestorBase
      • AsciiIngestor
      • ExcelIngestor
      • CsvIngestor
      • ExcelExport
      • FileUploader
      • FileUploader2
      • TsvIngestor
    • com.edgeti.VisibilityServer.Ingestor
      • AutoIngestor
      • AutoIngestorServlet
      • Credentials
      • CredentialsBase
      • FilterFacade
    • com.edgeti.VisibilityServer.Security
      • AccessControlFilter
      • FilterFacade
      • CredentialsBase
      • Credentials
    • com.edgeti.VisibilityServer.UsersAndRoles
      • DbHelper
      • DbTable
      • RoleInfoObject
      • RoleNode
      • RoleTree
      • TableInfoObject
      • UserAndRoleFakeData
      • UsersAndRolesTests
    • com.edgeti.VisibilityServer.XMLIngestors
      • SolrXMLIngestor

Phil 10.22.14

8:00 – 5:00 SR

  • DB backups
  • Lenny is setting up a meeting with Larry next week
  • Talked to Dong about how to make the new Visualization more like ScriptingServer. The web folder contains all the components and directives that the system uses, but the particular html page is created dynamically by a servlet. The page is made in an IDE where the queries can be built and associated with sections of the html code. The actual page the user sees doesn’t really even need to have communication with the server. This doers not address the input side, where interaction with the tables is essential. But those pages are not dynamic like reports and would probably be built in the traditional way.
  • Documentation
    • Added Documentation folder to repo
    • Dong added in the DB documentation
    • De-Mavenized the Visibility project. Pulled out a lot of cruft.
    • com.edgeti.Utils
      • Column
      • HttpFile
      • HttpUtilities
      • IngestResult
      • PropertyLoader
      • SSLUtilities
    • com.edgeti.Utils.logging
      • Log4jInit
      • LoggingEntry
      • VisibilityLogger
  • I have documented my brain to death. Seeing if there is some room for Angular.