- Got the image element working within reports
- Got the navigation tree and scroll to section functionality working
- Expand all and collapse all buttons are now working
- Started looking at deep linking and url links within reports…
From within a report a user will be able to link to both external websites and link internal components such as opening a different report through a text link. Users will also be able to link to specific reports / saved desktops from external sources using deep linking.
Looked in the to the ability to use hrefs from within flex components. Link coloring is defined from within style sheets and without any definitions they will blend in with the rest of the text. It is also possible to modify the href url so a flex event is thrown instead of immediately opening a new webpage. This will allow me fine grain control over how links in text behave. More details are listed here.
- Continuing to work on making the the Reporting UI work with data from the database
- Have a full text report loading from the database and displaying through a ‘File > Open…’ menu system
- Got the navigation tree working for the report (minus the scroll to selection bit)
Still need to add the following for it to be up to the prototype’s perceived capability
- Scroll to navigation
- Document search
- Comments integration
Wow. Just realized it’s been a while since I put in an entry. This is why I don’t keep my own blog.
- Last week I spent time looking at the differences between Flex 3 and Flex 4 and how that would affect the the Ingest Manager rewrite (utilities it will be using since some are still Flex 3)
- Created the initial Ingest Manager layout in Maven format and imported into Eclipse.
- Keeping with F4, wrote code using containers for multiple content areas (breaking up header, footer and main content).
- Incorporating ManagementUtils LoginScreen into code
- Continue to receive a maven error on project build, even though it hasn’t affected my output. I also can’t seem to fix the issue. Has anyone seen the following error before:
3/30/11 1:41:40 PM EDT: [ERROR] .m2/repository/com/adobe/flex/framework/spark/18.104.22.16859/spark-22.214.171.12459.swc(spark/components/SkinnableContainer):[-1,-1] Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: [mx.core]::IDeferredContentOwner.
3/30/11 1:41:40 PM EDT: Build errors for IngestManagerF4; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.sonatype.flexmojos:flexmojos-maven-plugin:3.8:compile-swf (default-compile-swf) on project IngestManagerF4: Error compiling!
- Found some fun URL issues when initially created the pom. In the original Ingest Manager, http://viz-n.com/ is used instead of fgmdev.com:8081. This was causing me a headache until I discovered the fix. Was that the original URL before fgmdev.com:8081?
Continuing the work on storing reports information in a database
- Since reports need owners I spent a little time making a User object and a service for handling users including a log-in screen with password changing, it’s pretty much ready for use minus moving it to some shared server project and mavenizing any required imports
- Now able to create and stored reports from Flex to MySQL (or pretty much any database) from code on the Flex side, there’s currently no GUI support for creating reports
The basic format I have for storing reports is:
- A Report object has an id, an owner (User), an xml string storing layout information, and a collections of ReportSections. The xml layout simply defines how the sections are laid out and relative to each other and any text headers, more could be added later.
- A ReportSection has an id, an owner (possibly different from the Report owner), a type string, and a data string, as well as references to any report which currently contains it. The idea is a ReportSection can be almost anything (some text, a data table, a chart, an images, etc.), so we’ll store a string defining it that the UI can use to figure out what to display. It’s data string may be some html text, a url for an image, or some xml data for a table.
- Finally, Comments have also been added to the database. Currently a Comment has an id, a date created, an owner, and text. The plan is to have Comments referenced from what they are commenting on. So a user may comment on an image in a report; that ReportSection would have references to the comments made on it and could be loaded by id.
Next on the todo list:
- Get a report loaded from the display and displayed in the framework, currently I’ve only looked at report information in the Flex debugger
- Add support for tables, currently only text sections are being stored
- Add support for images
- Get the SCT report in to the database
- Test this thing out by putting the FGM website in it
That should keep me busy for awhile
You must be logged in to post a comment.