Repairing the hand:
- The top of the thumb, bottom of index, top of the pinky and bottom forward back rotation need repairs.
- Attached new strain gauges to all but the bottom index. This one will have to wait for the glue to dry on top.
- left/right rotation, middle, and ring finger all work with good sensitivity.
Had to leave to get a check book from my house. Will continue working on the articulated hand at home and call about the voice coil actuators.
Continuing work on the data grid report item:
- Moved the other 6 sample tables from the word doc in to the report prototype
- Added the remainder of the text in aswell
- Added word wrap to headers and cells
- added column colors to cells only
- Column header colors are possible but will require some work
- cell specific colors are possible but will require much more work
- HTML text in columns is possible but will require a fair amount of work
- Added vertical and horizontal grid lines to the data grid
Noticed I never published my blog for yesterday
3D articulated hand with force feedback:
- Noticed that the solar system is technically a joint so this is a good place to start from
- Mapped out the measurements and angles of my hand in order to get an idea of scaling ratios and required degrees of motion
- Going to start with the finger tips and work my way down the hand.
- The palm and thumb are going to be tricky because its made up of oddly shaped polygons
- Read up on 3d vector physics a bit
Repairing the hand
- Wired up the hand. Only broke one connection others seem good. Flux helps a lot. It seemed to protect the gold leads and lower the specific heat of the solder.
- All connections are giving proper resistances but I have not tested them on the SG amps yet.
Working on AdvDataGridReportItem:
- Have it loading in right beside text and the roll up report item.
- It reads a column configuration in and sets up the columns accordingly, even works with grouped columns
- Copied some of the fake data over from the new report from Alan, seems to be working
- It needs wordwrap in both the cells and headers since a lot of the headers are excessively long
Put eclipse, subclipse, and the programming test on the extra laptop.
More work on the report widget
- Connected the tree navigator to the report, so clicking an item in the tree now expands the appropriate node in the report
- Created a SelfLabelingTextInput which when it is empty and not focused, it displays a label in itself such as ‘Search’. I had to remember how to create and set custom styles in flex components. Checked to make sure it is still the same method in Flex 4 as it was in Flex 3. There’s decent sample code of how to do it in SelfLabelingTextInput.
- Created a skin to the text input which has a space for an icon, added a standard magnifying glass icon, and called it SearchTextInputSkin, both the skin and the component are now in FGMUtils.
- Added the ability to disable the transition animations in rollupcontaienrs so I can correctly calculate the verticalScrollPosition after expanding nodes
Continued working on the Report App / Widget thing. I now have a singleton which creates and manages all ReportItems. Report widgets and other ReportItems request ReportItems as defined in their configurations and a report is built hierarchically and the tree navigator displays the structure. Using the concept of Flex UIComponent parents, when a user clicks on something in the tree, I can trace up the hierarchy to expand whatever nodes are in the path and scroll down to the correct vertical position.
Repairing the hand:
- Bondable terminals came in today
- Glued them on to the area next to the strain gauges
- They seem pretty solid but I am going to wait for the glue to dry completely before wiring.
- Hopefully these work as a good anchor point for the wiring.
- Started repairing the connection wire
- Got the solar system working today
- I know how to do things but why they work I will have to look into. The documentation for the functions shows how it affects the matrix but I haven’t really looked into this yet.
gluPerspective(60, (GLfloat)800 / (GLfloat)800, 1.0, 100.0);
glClearColor(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
- The bold code above needed to be added in order to get the lighting to work. I assume this is because lighting projects and is part of the projection matrix but I have no idea.
- Translating before scaling allows you to make items smaller without affecting their position.
- Pushing saves the current matrix and popping restores the current matrix. After pushing the matrix, any actions before you pop the matrix will be isolated to only the object you are drawing within.