7:00 – 4:30 ASRC PhD/NASA
- Ordered Online Worlds: Convergence of the Real and the Virtual (Ed. William Sims Bainbridge)
- William Sims Bainbridge Ph.D. is a Senior Fellow of the IEET. Dr. Bainbridge is a prolific and influential sociologist of religion, science and popular culture, and serves as co-director of Human-Centered Computing at the NSF. In 1976 he published his first book The Spaceflight Revolution, which examined the push for space exploration in the 1960s. He then went on to publish Satan’s Power, which described several years of infiltration of the Process Church, a religious cult related to Scientology. In the last thirty years, Bainbridge has published more than a dozen more books dealing with space, religion, and psychology. Dr. Bainbridge’s long-standing interest in “personality capture,” using extensive personality surveys to record individual personalities in software, is reflected in works such as Experiments in Psychology (1986) which included cutting-edge psychology experimentation software written by Bainbridge.
- Add the Google social good with AI to the proposal list
- See who the PI was for the DARPA proposal, and have them call The technical POC Tim(?)
- Got a measure of coherence working based on the adjacency of terms by post. Here’s a pix from the spreadsheet (bow_idf_sorted ):
- Visualizing the Loss Landscape of Neural Nets (Github)(ArXiv)