7:00 – 8:00 Research
- Met with Wayne yesterday evening. We’re going to take a look at science team data text to see how it compares with the overall coding by humans. Verified that the data is all available
- Interesting stuff on NPR this morning on Russia: The information space opens wide asymmetrical possibilities for reducing the fighting potential of the enemy. In North Africa, we witnessed the use of technologies for influencing state structures and the population with the help of information networks. It is necessary to perfect activities in the information space, including the defense of our own objects [objectives].
- Continuing with Sociophysics
- Chapter 8: Endnote
- Definition of consensus in an opinion model – the emergence of long-range order.
- Looking for phase changes from heterogeneous to homogeneous or clustered states is important. Finding what parameters are causal and the values is considered a publishable result. Canonical types of transitions, such as the percolation threshold are discussed in the appendices.
- Chapter 8: Endnote
BRC 8:30 – 4:30
- Verify that the META_INF file in src isn’t screwing jar file creation. Deleted, with the same behavior. Sigh
- Add fields for renaming columns. Will probably have to save the data out as XML to keep the relationship/mapping?
- Find the code that strips off the common leading text (in GoogleCSE2?) Done
- Started to work on clustering with Moby Dick and brought Aaron into the conversation to think about clustering issues – how to make like items gather together with other like items. NMF kind of does this by filling in latent values, but the question is where to cluster on
- Finally read in the integrity data and it did not look good. I realize now that a matrix made up completely of zeros and ones will not be handled well by NMF since it will try to make all the cells one based on the models’s mechanism of treating zeroes as empty cells.
- After talking to Aaron about it for a while, I think the better way to cluster will be based on the Group Polarization model. Need to be able to bring in that spreadsheet and then write out a report. Also, look at the high-dimension flocking.