The idea of the Western construct of time as a source of neurosis came up yesterday. I found this, which kind of supports the idea. It also ties into the thing that we’re trying to work out with indigenous software practices, that might not have the same focus on scheduling and individual adherence to a schedule?
- Temporal experience as a core quality in mental disorders
- The goal of this paper is to introduce Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences’ thematic issue on disordered temporalities. The authors begin by discussing the main reason for the neglect of temporal experience in present-day psychiatric nosologies, mainly, its reduction to clock time. Methodological challenges facing research on temporal experience include addressing the felt sense of time, its structure, and its pre-reflective aspects in the life-world setting. In the second part, the paper covers the contributions to the thematic issue concerning temporal experience in anxiety, depression, mania, addiction, post-traumatic stress disorder, autism, and in recovery from psychosis. The authors argue in favor of integrative and cross-disciplinary approaches. In conclusion, they present time as a significant aspect of human suffering.
- The model finished training on Thursday, and I got the model putting values into table_synth_review, with an entry in the experiment table as well
- Today, do ten 1,000 review runs and compare. Then compare to the actual data
- Got some nice internally consistent runs!
- 3:00 Meeting
- Sentiment analyzer on actual data. Test whether predict whether predicted sentiment matches stars
- Binary threshold accuracy?
- Correlation analysis of confidence vs stars?
- Does the sentiment analyzer work? Evaluate sentiment analyzer vs star ratings?
- Does ground truth sentiment distribution in GPT data match ground distribution in the data?
- Does predicted sentiment distribution in GPT data match ground distribution in the data?
- Does predicted sentiment distribution in GPT data match predicted distribution in the data?
- Here’s more data:
- 9:00 Sprint review (slides!) – done
- Phase 2 proposal – updated. Now I need to fill in some initial working text
- 4:00 Tagup