On vacation, but still keeping track of a few things
- Growing popular and industry interest in high-performing natural language generation models has led to concerns that such models could be used to generate automated disinformation at scale. This report examines the capabilities of GPT-3–a cutting-edge AI system that writes text–to analyze its potential misuse for disinformation. A model like GPT-3 may be able to help disinformation actors substantially reduce the work necessary to write disinformation while expanding its reach and potentially also its effectiveness.
A quick thought about organizing topics from the GPT-3.
- For each topic, have the GPT define the phrase – something like “___ is a complex subject. Here is a one-paragraph overview of ___”
- Using Doc2Vec or something similar, cluster all the overview paragraphs
- Order the topic names by occurrence, possibly with some similarity filtering as well
- Use the best topic, and keep the descriptions for enhancing the map display using popups