Big news this afternoon:
Had an interesting talk with Aaron last night about using FB microtargeting as a mechanism to provide “deprogramming” content to folks that are going down conspiracy rabbit holes. We could also use the GPT-3
- Thinking aloud is an effective meta-cognitive strategy human reasoners apply to solve difficult problems. We suggest to improve the reasoning ability of pre-trained neural language models in a similar way, namely by expanding a task’s context with problem elaborations that are dynamically generated by the language model itself. Our main result is that dynamic problem elaboration significantly improves the zero-shot performance of GPT-2 in a deductive reasoning and natural language inference task: While the model uses a syntactic heuristic for predicting an answer, it is capable (to some degree) of generating reasoned additional context which facilitates the successful application of its heuristic. We explore different ways of generating elaborations, including fewshot learning, and find that their relative performance varies with the specific problem characteristics (such as problem difficulty). Moreover, the effectiveness of an elaboration can be explained in terms of the degree to which the elaboration semantically coheres with the corresponding problem. In particular, elaborations that are most faithful to the original problem description may boost accuracy by up to 24%.
- OCTIS (Optimizing and Comparing Topic models Is Simple) aims at training, analyzing and comparing Topic Models, whose optimal hyper-parameters are estimated by means of a Bayesian Optimization approach.
- Putting together a scratch file that gets page view data from Wikimedia. My plan is to use that value to determine the weight of the node
- Stackoverflow post
- This page documents the Pageview API (v1), a public API developed and maintained by the Wikimedia Foundation that serves analytical data about article pageviews of Wikipedia and its sister projects. With it, you can get pageview trends on specific articles or projects; filter by agent type or access method, and choose different time ranges and granularities; you can also get the most viewed articles of a certain project and timespan, and even check out the countries that visit a project the most. Have fun!
- Wikimedia REST API: This API provides cacheable and straightforward access to Wikimedia content and data, in machine-readable formats.
- 3:00 Meeting
- Paper is pending ArXiv!
- Asked Rukan to save of some well trained models to play with