IEEE (f*) proceedings list (conference should show up here)
Keynote Gábor Vásárhelyi – CollMot Robotics, Budapest, Hungary (chair A. Montresor, room: FBK – Sala Stringa)
- Multi-level hierarchy in pigeons (gps), wild horses (drone video)
- Tight turns with pigeons rearrange order. Gentle turns maintain structure
- Universal rules of collective motion
- evolution is the best optimizer that they have found
- Hierarchy aids emergent optimization
- Drones are exploding in youth. Why? Fashion? Like AI in the ’70’s. Will it then crash?
- Salable in size and speed
- Tolerate noise, delay, and error tolerant
- Controllable meta-unit
- Drones need to be
- simulation for dev and debugging
- finite acceleration
- communication errors
- Communication delays bring self-exited oscillation (repulsion-attraction temporal imbalance)
- Evolution is the second-best optimization function for all problems
- Solving decentralized traffic control. A sort of inverse flocking issue
- Anisotropic repulsion
- Selective alignment
- Smaller and lighter (more maneuverable) flocks are more egalitarian. Heavier, smaller groups have hierarchies because there can be trust.
Sona Ghahremani, Christian Medeiros Adriano and Holger Giese
- Another hyperparameter approach. This one seems quite good
- Uncertainty from dynamic archetecture
- Black box models
- How to select the right model for a class of utility functions prior to deployment
- Graph grammar rules
- mRUBiS as an exemplar for model-based architectural self-adaptation is now available at GitHub. It provides a simulator and architectural runtime model of mRUBiS to develop, evaluate, and compare self-adaptation solutions.
Model-Driven Elasticity Control for Multi-Server Queues Under Traffic Surges in Cloud Environments
Venkat Tadakamalla and Daniel Menasce
A Temporal Model for Interactive Diagnosis of Adaptive Systems
Ludovic Mouline, Amine Benelallam, Francois Fouquet, Johann Bourcier and Olivier Barais
- Might be a way of evaluating fitness tests?
- At least keep track of the last N (or whole history?) of chromosome so that the principal components can be analyzed.
- By comparing the states over time, we could find the states adjacent to problem states?
Towards Generic Adaptive Monitoring
Thomas Brand and Holger Giese
- Goal adaptation (fitness test adaptation?)
Implementing Feedback for ABM Meta-Modeling
Karan Budhraja and Tim Oates
PINCH: Self-Organized Context Neighborhoods for Smart Environments
Chenguang Liu, Christine Julien and Amy L. Murphy
- Neighborhood mesh networks
- everything is stored in a small beacon that is cooperatively shared in the neighborhood
A QoS-aware Adaptive Mobility Handling Approach for LoRa-based IoT Systems
Robbe Berrevoets and Danny Weyns
Reins-MAC: Firefly Inspired Communication Scheduling for Reliable Low-Power Wireless
Matteo Ceriotti and Amy L. Murphy