7:00 – 3:30 ASRC MKT
- Gotta renew the IRB. For some reason I’m not using my school account for this…
- Done! Good through 17-Oct-2022
- Looking for a nice way to have PHP interface with the database using object relational mapping (ORM). Looking at RedBeanPHP and FatFreeFramework. I think I’m going to start with RedBean. It looks like something I might have written.
- Spent some time with Aaron walking through what’s important in getting into the UMBC HCC MS program
- Found this conference that might be good to go to, though it sounds intimidating as hell
- 6th International Conference on Learning Representations
- April 30 – May 3, 2018
- Vancouver Convention Center, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- The performance of machine learning methods is heavily dependent on the choice of data representation (or features) on which they are applied. The rapidly developing field of deep learning is concerned with questions surrounding how we can best learn meaningful and useful representations of data. We take a broad view of the field and include topics such as feature learning, metric learning, compositional modeling, structured prediction, reinforcement learning, and issues regarding large-scale learning and non-convex optimization. The range of domains to which these techniques apply is also very broad, from vision to speech recognition, text understanding, gaming, music, etc.