6:30 – ASRC MKT
- 10:00 status meeting
- Thinking about going to DC for lunch
- Matthew Zefferman
- I am a quantitative social scientist who uses mathematical models and ethnographic field research to understand human ultrasociality – our ability to organize ourselves into societies capable of large-scale cooperation and large-scale conflict – especially in the contexts of war, political organization, and environmental sustainability.
- I like the term ultrasociality, it captures some of the large-scale effects I’m looking at.
- NIMBios (Matthew Zefferman spent some time here) Has kind of a Max Planck vibe?
- Speaking of which, the logo for the Couzin Lab at Max Planck is a perfect explore/exploit icon:
- Working on paper. Currently loading up Illustrator and IntelliJ to see which comes up first. Illustrator wins! I really need another monitor now…
- Finished the methods/simulation section Starting on the pattern detection section