7:00 – 1:00 VTX
- More bubble modelling. Found a nice paper from a financial perspective that looks like a good source for similar models.
- Split out the calculation and spreadsheet functions to support snapshots and debugging.
- Set up the base class to be the control. Explorers only look outside their SD, while confirmers and avoiders stay within. Not sure how to tease out the difference between those. I think it will have something to do with the way they look for information, which is beyond the scope of this model for now. Also switched to a random distribution. Here’s an initial result. Much more work to follow
- I was riding and thinking about something I read on fivethirtyeight.com “This isn’t the most artful way to say it, but it’s like, where do you go when the only people who seem to agree with you on taxes hate black people?” It’s by Ben Howe, a redstate commentator. And it makes me think that rather than basing the sim on only one value, there should be a cluster. Confirmed could look for a match in the cluster while avoiders would clusters if they hit somethings that doesn’t match. And the distance from the value should matter. Adopting a very different concept should take more energy than a similar one. And this makes me think that the CAs have to have a bit more alife in them. They need to budget their energy with reference to their internal and external states.
- And then mom died. Here’s the OPM web page that matters: https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/my-annuity-and-benefits/life-events/death/report-of-death/