Phil 10.14.15

8:00 – 4:00 SR

  • Updated truancy report
  • Seminar today 11:30 – 12:30
  • Automated culling. I think I’m going to start with the cull on the canvas, rather than the server. This way I can still have the items in the list, but not shown on the network. This implies for an item to be visible (and for physics to operate on it) the item should be the source and/or target of one or more associations. DONE!
    • Tried to be fancy by just using the target array but I need a ‘source’ listing of IComponents.
    • This is what I needed to do, basically. The physics only require checks for visibility:
      var tarray:ITarget[] = this.getTargetArray();
      var sarray:IComponentBase[] = this.getSourceArray();
      var numLinks = tarray.length + sarray.length;
      var makeVisible = false; // or maybe we're also visible when selected?
      if(numLinks > 1){
          makeVisible = true;
    • I also added a ‘forceVisibility’ argument to the config object so that items like Queries always show up.
    • And, because it was suddenly easy, I added the list of sources to the item selection code. So now we ‘shift select’ targets and sources, which feels intuitively right:
      tarray = componentBase.getTargetArray();
      for(i = 0; i < tarray.length; ++i){
          targ = tarray[i].target;
      sarray = componentBase.getSourceArray();
      for(i = 0; i < sarray.length; ++i){
          targ = sarray[i];
  • Rating. Need a new modal directive. There should also be a way of having additional information about an item, like an annotation. For example, in the query I’m currently working on, “Horse and Jockey”, There was a horse “Tirpitz”, which is also the name of a battleship. There should be a way to resolve this ambiguity.
  • Pagerank. “Links” are determined by shared associations.  TODO
  • Explicit associations TODO
  • Today’s Progress: Weeds