SambaNova Systems, the company that was first to market with domain-specific, pre-trained foundation models to underpin generative AI, announces a new program for startups to leverage these transformational capabilities. SambaNova is offering up to $1M dollars in free compute credits for generative AI to selected companies that have applied to the program to power and build generative AI applications running on SambaNova’s platform.
Generative AI: The Next Consumer Platform
- We’ve entered the age of generative AI. The use cases are everywhere—from writing essays to creating comics to editing films—and adoption has outpaced every consumer tech trend of the past decade. Text generator ChatGPT surpassed 1 million users in just five days, and tens of millions of consumers have created AI avatars.
- Whenever new technology captures consumer attention so quickly, it begs the question: is there real value here? We believe that the answer is undoubtedly yes. Generative AI will be the next major platform upon which founders build category-defining products.
- Much as the iPhone revolutionized our daily interaction with technology—spawning products like Uber, DoorDash, and Airbnb—generative AI will change everyday life.
- I think we’re entering the steep part of the singularity curve, and the paperclip function is “maximize revenue,” part of which is getting first mover advantage. So it’s going to be a centaur singularity.
- Schedule physical
- 2:00 Alden Dima
- 4:00 UMBC Meeting
- Add cites and a GPT ethics statement, then send to Jimmy