Finished Stewardship of global collective behavior. It’s quite good and a nice way to frame all this research
- Collective behavior provides a framework for understanding how the actions and properties of groups emerge from the way individuals generate and share information. In humans, information flows were initially shaped by natural selection yet are increasingly structured by emerging communication technologies. Our larger, more complex social networks now transfer high-fidelity information over vast distances at low cost. The digital age and the rise of social media have accelerated changes to our social systems, with poorly understood functional consequences. This gap in our knowledge represents a principal challenge to scientific progress, democracy, and actions to address global crises. We argue that the study of collective behavior must rise to a “crisis discipline” just as medicine, conservation, and climate science have, with a focus on providing actionable insight to policymakers and regulators for the stewardship of social systems.
Put my bids in for ICTAI-2021 reviews
- Building 6-epoch review, stars model – done! Need to verify they work
- Phase II presubmission meeting (One hr)
- Working on Epic/stories for map app
- React and Flask
- Had a good discussion with Zack, who suggested a stack of Svelt, Sapper, Python and MySQL all connected with ZeroMQ