- Updated my DaysToZero code to put charts into the spreadsheet, which was pretty straightforward using xlsxwriter. There do seem to be three basic patterns:
- The first is steady growth:
- So no curve flattening here. The disease is moving pretty steadily through the population. The USA is mostly on this track as are countries like India and Chile. I think the difference that we see is related to a first, faster wave among the more vulnerable populations.
- The second pattern is the ‘flattened curve’. Ireland shows this really well, as does New York state:
- The last pattern is the ‘second wave’ pattern. Japan seems to be having one now:
- So it looks like we are far from out of the woods on this, and letting your guard down is soundly punished.
- Start the db to fixing “elderman” posts. Running. I’ve got about 100k bad posts. The fixes seem to be taking care of some. This is going to require multiple passes
- 2:00 Meeting with Vadim
- Updated the document. Antonio’s going to submit. Fingers crossed! It would be nice to go to London in May
- 3:30 meeting?
- Need to backup and save the db. Done. It’s almost 11GB! Compressing. Backed up the compressed version, which is (only!) 3GB.