ACM IUI 2021 is the 26th annual premier international forum for reporting
outstanding research and development on intelligent user interfaces.
- ACM IUI is where the Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Artificial
Intelligence (AI) communities meet, with contributions from related fields
such as psychology, behavioral science, cognitive science, computer
graphics, design, the arts, and more. Our focus is on improving the
interaction between humans and digital technology, by leveraging both HCI
approaches and state-of-the art AI techniques from machine learning,
natural language processing, data mining, knowledge representation and
- Ping Erik about collaborative VR coding environments. Done
- 2:00 Meeting with Vadim
- Walked through the deep hierarchy example
- He’s now running 4 wheels and starting to get close, though the RW speed plots are not close to the actuals. It makes me think that there is more feedback control in the satellite implementation than there is implied in the documentation.
- After digging into the existing text, we realized that a lot of the technical sections were flat wrong, and depended on a kind of “magical ML thinking” that should have been in our phase III. So, lots of writing.
- Working on trajectory plotting
- Fix the listbox select. I was using the wrong event. It should be like this.
- Aaaand then there were a bunch of weird errors. For some reason, the call to a new ListBox also calls the previous ListBox with no args(?) so I get an error. Chased down and fixed.
- Plot main line. Done!
- Plot legal connections of closest lines
- I think this can be done by looking at the nodes that are connected to the start (current) node, then looking at the coordinates of all the children. The one that is closest to the line and between the current and the target gets added to the list
- Plotting all the node connections so there can be a sanity check:
- Use the weight of the lines to choose the lines
- Build a narrative rutter that describes the route (Here be there stampedes!)