Wake up, shower, write some code. The linear estimate is now integrated with the predictions. I think that tells the story well. Rather than Italy, let’s look at Switzerland:
Now I need to put together a punch list of final issues (I’m worried most about load times and performance under high demand), get the URL(s) and publish!
Punch list is done. Zach is getting the domains.
GOES: 8 hours
- Status report for March
- Hmm – I appear to have broken Docker? No just being dumb with commands. Here’s what I needed:
- docker container run -it –name influx2 ubuntu /bin/sh
- Time to RTFM: v2.docs.influxdata.com/v2.0/get-started/
- getting my Ubuntu image current, using
- apt update
- apt upgrade
- apt wget
- wget https://dl.influxdata.com/influxdb/releases/influxdb_2.0.0-beta.7_linux_amd64.tar.gz
- tar -xvzf influxdb_2.0.0-beta.7_linux_amd64.tar.gz
- created a user so I can have things like tab complete (adduser). Created phil with regular test pwd
- Hmm influxd isn’t on the path. Going to try running it in its directory
- Things are happening!
- But the webserver isn’t visible at localhost:9999 (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED). Drat! Still happens when I run as root
- Town hall meeting