7:00 – 8:00 ASRC / Phd
The Journal of Design and Science (JoDS), a joint venture of the MIT Media Lab and the MIT Press, forges new connections between science and design, breaking down the barriers between traditional academic disciplines in the process.
There is a style of propaganda on the rise that isn’t interested in persuading you that something is true. Instead, it’s interested in persuading you that everything is untrue. Its goal is not to influence opinion, but to stratify power, manipulate relationships, and sow the seeds of uncertainty.
Unreal explores the first order effects recent attacks on reality have on political discourse, civics & participation, and its deeper effects on our individual and collective psyche. How does the use of media to design unreality change our trust in the reality we encounter? And, most important, how does cleaving reality into different camps—political, social or philosophical—impact our society and our future?
This looks really nice: The Illustrated GPT-2 (Visualizing Transformer Language Models)
- Email GSAW abstract – done
- Optimizer – there is a Keras version coming up: TL;DR Learn how to search for good Hyperparameter values using Keras Tuner in your Keras and scikit-learn models
- Working on adversarial herding – done-ish?
- Meet with Wajanat? – Got Google voice-to-text working!
- ML Seminar – A hard session on Kalman filters, and I talked about the optomizer. Also, we’re meeting next week at the Honey Pig
- Meeting with Aaron M. Get the Financial OODA loop done by COB Wednesday. Also found this article on robot ethics and Tesla: Tesla’s Autopilot Could Save the Lives of Millions, But It Will Kill Some People First – The complicated ethics of Elon Musk’s grand autonomous vehicle experiment.