7:00 – 10:00 ASRC PhD. Fun, long day.
- Understanding BERT Transformer: Attention isn’t all you need
- Word Vectors and NLP Modeling from BoW to BERT
- Since the advent of word2vec, neural word embeddings have become a go to method for encapsulating distributional semantics in text applications. This series will review the strengths and weaknesses of using pre-trained word embeddings and demonstrate how to incorporate more complex semantic representation schemes such as Semantic Role Labeling, Abstract Meaning Representation and Semantic Dependency Parsing into your applications.
- Artificial Intelligence and Global Security Initiative Research Agenda
- The Center for a New American Security’s Artificial Intelligence and Global Security Initiative explores these and other issues surrounding the AI revolution. Current AI technology is powerful, but also has a number of vulnerabilities, including susceptibility to spoofing (false data) and control problems. An arms race in AI where nations and other actors rush to use this technology for their advantage without any concern for safety would be harmful to everyone. It is vitally important for the technology and policy communities to come together to better understand the implications of the AI revolution for global security and how best to navigate the challenges ahead.
- One more pass through Antonio’s paper this evening – done
- Working on getting the Slack chats into the database. It turns out that there can be threaded discussions within channels: `thread_ts`, `reply_count`, `reply_users_count`, `latest_reply`, `reply_users`, `replies` are the variables. It’s not critical now, but it would be nice to read these in as well.
- Added encoding=”utf8″ to the read statements
- We are over 10,000 rows!
- And it looks like the Google Keras team is going to run the dungeon
- Starting on SequenceAnalyzer. Not bat progress for a day
- Meeting with Wayne
“Slaying Monsters for Science”
A few from that infamous conference…
and the role of immersive play in rethinking modern religious expression….