7:00 – 4:00 ASRC MKT
- Call Charlestown about getting last two years of payments – done. Left a message
- Get parking from StubHub
I saw James Burnham’s interview on the Daly Show last night. Roughly, I think that his thoughts on how humans haven’t changed, but our norms and practices is true. Based on listening to him talk, I think he’s more focussed on the symptoms than the cause. The question that he doesn’t seem to be asking is “why did civilization emerge when it did?”, and “why does it seem to be breaking now?”Personally, I think it’s tied up with communication technology. Slow communication systems like writing, mail, and the printing press lead to civilization. Rapid, frictionless forms of communication from radio to social media disrupt this process by changing how we define, perceive and trust our neighbors. The nice thing is that if technology is the critical element, then technology can be adjusted. Not that it’s easier, but it’s probably easier than changing humans.
- Continuing From I to We: Group Formation and Linguistic Adaption in an Online Xenophobic Forum. Done and posted in Phlog
- Tweaking the Angular and PHP code.
- I got the IntelliJ debugger to connect to the Apache PHP server! Here’s the final steps. Pay particular attention to the highlighted areas:
- Objects are now coming back in the same way, so no parsing on the Angular side
- Sprint planning