7:00 – 5:00 ASRC MKT/BD
- Downloaded my FB DB today. Honestly, the only thing that seems excessive is the contact information
- Interactive Semantic Alignment Model: Social Influence and Local Transmission Bottleneck
- We provide a computational model of semantic alignment among communicating agents constrained by social and cognitive pressures. We use our model to analyze the effects of social stratification and a local transmission bottleneck on the coordination of meaning in isolated dyads. The analysis suggests that the traditional approach to learning—understood as inferring prescribed meaning from observations—can be viewed as a special case of semantic alignment, manifesting itself in the behaviour of socially imbalanced dyads put under mild pressure of a local transmission bottleneck. Other parametrizations of the model yield different long-term effects, including lack of convergence or convergence on simple meanings only.
- Starting to get back to the JuryRoom app. I need a better way to get the data parts up and running. This tutorial seems to have a minimal piece that works with PHP. That may be for the best since this looks like a solo effort for the foreseeable future
- Cut implementation down to proof-of-concept?
- We are keeping the ASRC format
- Got Dr. Lee’s contribution
- And a lot of writing and figuring out of things