7:00 – 3:30 ASRC MKT
- Saw the new Star Wars film. That must be the most painful franchise to direct “Here’s an unlimited amount of money. You have unlimited freedom in these areas over here, and this giant pile is canon, that you must adhere to…”
- Wikipedia page view tool
- My keyboard has died. Waiting on the new one and using the laptop in the interim. It’s not quite worth setting up the dual screen display. Might go for the mouse though. On a side note, the keyboard on my Lenovo Twist is quite nice.
- More tweaking of the paper. Finished methods, on to results
- Here’s some evidence that we have mapping structures in our brain: Hippocampal Remapping and Its Entorhinal Origin
- The activity of hippocampal cell ensembles is an accurate predictor of the position of an animal in its surrounding space. One key property of hippocampal cell ensembles is their ability to change in response to alterations in the surrounding environment, a phenomenon called remapping. In this review article, we present evidence for the distinct types of hippocampal remapping. The progressive divergence over time of cell ensembles active in different environments and the transition dynamics between pre-established maps are discussed. Finally, we review recent work demonstrating that hippocampal remapping can be triggered by neurons located in the entorhinal cortex.
- Added a little to the database section, but spent most of the afternoon updating TF and trying it out on examples