Phil 7:00 – ASRC MKT
- The identity of the machine is just as important as the identity of the human, argues Jeff Hudson.
- Agent-based simulation for economics: The Tool Central Bankers Need Most Now
- Introducing Vega-Lite 2.0 (from MIT Interactive Data Lab)
- Vega-Lite enables concise descriptions of visualizations as a set of encodings that map data fields to the properties of graphical marks. Vega-Lite uses a portable JSON format that compiles to full specifications in the larger Vega language. Vega-Lite includes support for data transformations such as aggregation, binning, filtering, and sorting, as well as visual transformations such as stacking and faceting into small multiples.
- Wayne says ‘awareness’ is too overloaded, at least in CSCW where it means ‘a shared awareness’. What about alertness, cognition, or perception?
- Started Simulating Flocking and Herding in Belief Space. Shared with Wayne, Aaron and Cindy
- Yay, finally got the array problems solved. The problem is that a PHP array is actually a set. But you can convert any set into a zero-indexed array using array_values(). So now all my arrays begin at zero, as God intended.
- Meeting with the lads. Some really good stuff.
- Add tmanage
- state (waiting, running, timeout, terminated, success)
- open (true/false)
- Add trating
- Add ttopics
- Add tplayerstate
- state (waiting, playing, finished, terminated)
- Add tcontact
- Add tinvite
- Add tmanage
- Humans + Machines (CNAS livestream)
12:30 – 1:35 PM
Dr. Jeff Clune, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, University of Wyoming
Kimberly Jackson Ryan, Senior Human Systems Engineer, Draper Laboratory
Dr. John Hawley, Engineering Psychologist, Army Research Laboratory
Dr. Caitlin Surakitbanharn, Research Scientist, Purdue University
Dan Lamothe, National Security Writer, The Washington Post (moderator)