7:00 – 4:30 VTX
- Did some digging into Change My View based on my discussion with Dr. Pan yesterday. Notes are in yesterday’s post.
- Heard a story on BBC this morning about Digital Globe using crowdsourced analysis of satellite images to uncover slavery.
- Continuing A Survey on Assessment and Ranking Methodologies for User-Generated Content on the Web
- Found Procedures for Performing Systematic Reviews. Aside from being a nice template/checklist for my lit review, it also contains citable rating choices for research. I’m thinking it could be regarded as an academic version of how to determine the Most Trustworthy data. Also, these categories become their own sets of links within the network that can be adjusted. Also, if the paper can provide some useful heuristics, that could be encoded in a UI.
- The figures of the hierarchies in this paper are fantastic.
- He does cite Arpita Ghosh (Incentivizing High-quality User-Generated Content) and from a different paper (Ghosh & Hummel 2011) on achieving equilibrium in UCG. So I think I’m on solid ground.
- Finished section 2.1
- Starting to add capability to the rating app. Got caught up in weird swing issues that I never thought I would experience again. Hello, SpringContainerLayout!