7:00 – 4:00 VTX
- Continuing Information Rules – A Strategic Guide to the Network Economy.
- This is feeling very much a book about the pricing of commercial items with an emphasis on the profit motive. But this assumes that the profit motive is the primary motivation, which is certainly the case for business, but not necessarily for individual information produces. Consider the effect of ‘badges’ with user generated content. Honor and Glory have value, particularly if the visible rewards are scarce?
- Went back to Wayne’s email and poked around on the Cornell link from Michael Macy, which led to two new papers to take a look at:
- This also looks promising. based on the search string ‘user generated content incentives’ Incentivizing high-quality user-generated content
- Need to add a document classification story. The notes should point at The Hybrid Representation Model for Web Document Classification. Basically need to implement that so that the machine learning algorithms have something to work with. Done
- Adding users and roles to the rating app – Added users and got the query working. Time to work on the roles.
- Disable ratings but not reports when no one is logged in
- Oh, good grief. I forgot about how if you want a fancy dialog in swing that you’ve got to extend the whole thing. Flashback city, daddy-o.