7:30 – 11:00 SR
- Backups. And to make sure that it’s possible to see the results of the db backup script, I added in a “pause.exe” at the end of the batch file.
- Deployed the new FA and RA
- RA was taking a *long* time to start up. It turns out that the reason was that there were 17,000 alerts that were going into a DataGrid. The temporary fix was to delete the old alerts, but there needs to be a mechanism for determining/limiting what to show.
11:00 – 4:30FP
- Building a copy of XAudio2BasicSound, cleverly calling ConsoleSound2.
- Since it depends on SDKwavefile, I had to pull SAFE_DELETE, SAFE_DELETE_ARRAY, and SAFE_RELEASE from dxut.h. It also requires dxerr.h. but that’s in the regular directx include directory.
- Extremely empty code right now, but it compiles and links. On a side note, the compiler should accept the environment variable $(DXSDK_DIR), but it doesn’t. And adding macros is an enormous pain, as near as I can tell.
- The code is ported over and works. It’s all stuck in a main() right now. I need to clean up and build an Audio class. Actually, looking at the way the code is set up, a WavSampleSound class might be better. It probably could extend from a SampleSound class, but I’ll break that out later…
- Class is mostly done and running!