8:00 – 12:00 ESSO
- Walked through some bugs with Lenny.
- Attempted to back up but the connection with PuTTY was way slow. It seems to be a known problem, so I’ll wait until Monday to try again.
12:00 – 4:00 FP
- Got the HLAPI demonstration code compiled, though some things run and some things don’t. I get errors like “Haptics failed to initialize”. Still, “HelloSphere” works, which is enough to get the hang of things.
- Hmm. Looks like it’s written for OGL 1.x?
- Still, pretty cool. I’ve got a rotating cube with appropriate forces:
- Also a teapot. So arbitrary geometry seems fine.
- Still, I don’t like this:
// Start a new haptic shape. Use the feedback buffer to capture OpenGL // geometry for haptic rendering. hlBeginShape(HL_SHAPE_FEEDBACK_BUFFER, gSphereShapeId);
- That does mean OGL 1.x. No feedback buffer in OGL 3.0 or greater. That means this library probably won’t be all that useful.